Wednesday, January 27, 2010

So, I forgot to grab a sweater today...

So I was a little chilly all day. Not really enough to be truly uncomfortable, but cold enough to be aware of it all the time. But that's not the point. The point is I kind of like it.

When I'm this kind of cold, I am very sensitive to any change in temperature around me, even in the slightest way. That means I can feel the body heat of those around me, and I like that. I am always aware of the people around me in a very physical way, and that's comforting in its own way. Like getting a hug or holding hands or cuddling all the time. And who doesn't like those things?

But not only that, there is a weird attraction to these warm bodies, like magnets. I can't help but turn towards the source of warmth, to steal some of it. I don't like being a warmth vampire, but I do like the idea that this impulse is something cosmic--that the universe is trying to establish an equilibrium of sorts, to return to the center. I like that. Maybe because I like order, balance and symmetry. Or maybe because I like to be warm. I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Some scientists think that the universe will end in heat-death. You know, entropy and all that jazz.

    ReplyDelete