Thursday, November 10, 2011

In which my tonsils try to kill me....again

So- remember a few months ago when I was hospitalized for a peritonsillar abscess? Icky, huh?

Well, these past week, I've been all headachey and fevery (up to 102.5. boo being so sweaty for no good reason) and body achey and fatiguey and swollen tonsiley.

Yeah....it's back. so-off I went to the miraculous feel-better man (aka the dr)

But a shot in the bum was necessary (bum shot? sounds lewd), 4 attempts at drawing blood (one in each elbow, one in the wrist and one on the back of the hand. OUCH) in order to test for Mono (which my dr always tests for "just in case" no matter what my symptoms--because apparently my Dr thinks I get around) and a gag-swab thingy to test for Strep (also "just in case"--although the strep is kinda legit since as a teenager I had it at least once a year).

An hour later, I left the doctor's office with a prescription for some seriously blue pills (antibiotics) and several more sore spots.

THANK GOODNESS for modern medicine (yay penicillin!) and government insurance. Now I'm almost all better.

But- if my tonsils are reading this blog post--

I WILL CUT YOU.



Remember what happened to Allie's tooth? Yeah- I'm gonna do that to you. Except I won't put a happy semi-Stepford Wife face on you when it's done. Because you'll be gone. Dead. 

You just wait until December. You are now my number one mortal enemy. 

On a completely random note. Here is a picture I found on the internet. I can find no explanation for it. 

So here you go- JGL in thigh-highs and garters. 







No comments:

Post a Comment