Friday, March 19, 2010

It's called "Oxbridge"


I love the smell of books. love Love LOVE. I love walking into a bookstore (especially used book stores) and inhaling that sweet, sweet smell of old pages and non-biodegradable ink. It's the best smell in the world.

Well, I've always said that if someone were to bottle that smell, and then a man would wear that cologne, I don't care if he has a face like a mailbox, I'd be all over him. Well, it's happened (but not the all-over part).

In a particular class, I sit next to this particular guy. He does not have a face like a mailbox. He actually has a very nice face. But the other day, I turned in his direction and BLAM! hit in the face with that wonderful old-books smell. Whoa. I don't know why (or how) he smells like old books, but I am now even more attracted to him. But that's not the point. The point is I was right. A cologne that smells like old books is the key to my heart, or at least, to my attention.

5 comments:

  1. So I also love the old book smell, but he'd have to look like a bookish type too. I can't take an aroma that doesn't fit the visual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- the aroma matches the visual. Glasses, cardigans, plaid button-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened to Oxford Musk? Haha. Fun post, Emily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously? who is this man and i want to marry him as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe he sleeps in a giant book.

    ReplyDelete