Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm back: Stupid Tired Randomness Ep.2

Hello again. It's the wee hours of the morning and I'm using my blog as a last-ditch attempt to squeeze the last drips of work out of the ticking minutes. Again. This is becoming a really bad habit.

Anything you do between the hours of 3 and 6 am will either be absolute trash or absolute genius. Here's hoping for the latter.

Staff meetings should not be held at 8 am. Just sayin.'

Why am I still awake? So I can catch up. This weekend I made some poor school decisions and some good life decisions. I love how they don't always match up. So, I am making poor life decisions in order to make good school ones. It was totally worth it. But, by golly, I will be caught up. Or at the very least, be less behind than I am now. I am tired of drowning in work. More than I am tired of being awake. Time to get this over with. There's just no excuse for it.

I'm currently writing a 4-pager on some author-centered critics and applying it to Henry James' Washington Square. Lovely. In case you were wondering.

After that, some stuff about reader-centered critics and an application to the free indirect discourse in Jane Austen's Emma. Also a 4-pager. My plan is to turn the James one in no later than Devotional and the Austen one no later than dinner-time.

Also- writing poetry this early is a terrible idea. It makes for terrible poetry (see above...).

Blogs are the best way around writer's block. Thanks for reading.

Possible future posts: potatoes. dreams. death dreams. narcolepsy. sleep.





1 comment:

  1. are you focusing on the fact that james' wrote commentary on his stories so that he could direct people to come to the conclusions he wanted? haha....i remember reading something about that when you had me read and underline the article to prepare for your midterm.

    ReplyDelete