Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Time doesn't fly. It evaporates.


There are 8 days left before finals, including today.

So, I probably won't be around much. Just a head's up. It's not that I don't love y'all, it's just that I don't want to fail my classes.

Anything I post will probably be related to class. Blegh.

I like to-do lists. A lot. They help me focus and stuff. And crossing things off makes me feel good. Sometimes I'll put something like "shower" just so I can cross it off. Lame, I know.

Here's my to-do list for the next 8 days:

1. 8-10 pages on Pride and Prejudice and Zombies as an adaptation- deadline extension to Dec 14th!!! Nick Mason is a saint.
2. 8-10 pages on the relationship of Gibbon's Sunset Song to Scott's historical novels
3. Tweaking above paper to include more theory junk for 451
4. 4 pages on reader-centered criticism and the use of free indirect discourse in Emma
5. Statement of Intent.
6. Study for the GRE.
7. 10 more pages for my creative writing portfolio
8. Abstract/proposal for adaptation conference

Then finals.

And Christmas shopping needs to happen somewhere in there.

I can do this. I just won't be sleeping very much. I really regret not being more productive over break. Oh well.

I'll be crossing these things off the list as I go along, so check back if you're interested in my progress. *Bold= crossed off

And for the record, taking 12 credits of English was a not one of my more brilliant ideas. (Yes, Clancy. Brilliant.)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for to-do lists! Boo for unpleasant tasks. Good luck getting everything done!

    ReplyDelete